French Polynesia is a group of hundreds of islands that are scattered in the Pacific Ocean. French Polynesian islands are endowed with many popular tourist attractions. White sandy beaches, crystal blue water and welcoming people make Polynesia one of top-rated travel destinations in the world.
Let us explore the fascinating Polynesia and learn about the essential activities to do there.
If you spend your holidays in Polynesia, you will always find something to do. Here are some of the essential activities to do there.
Discover the islands
French Polynesia encompasses 300 islands. During your holidays in the Polynesia, discover the most fascinating islands, which are endowed with unique attractions, including:
- Tahiti Island,
- Bora Bora Island,
- Moorea Island,
- Puka Puka Island and other.
Discover historical sites
French Polynesia is home to some renowned historical sites. Top attractions to visit include:
- Historical monuments in Tahiti Island,
- The old traditional temple in Moorea Island,
- The open-air sanctuaries in Marae Maraetaata, where religious ceremonies take place.
Admire the islands' natural attractions
- Tahiti Island: Its natural beauty is due to its geographic location. It is home to Arahoho Blowhole, which is a huge volcanic rock in the ocean. The view of the waves from the ocean hitting the rock is just fascinating.
- Bora Bora Island houses 2 high volcanic mountains, which are Otemanu Mountain and Pahia Mountain. These volcanic mountains give a beautiful, panoramic view of the island. The sight is even more spectacular with the clear blue-green ocean.
- Moorea Island's landscape is breathtaking with its numerous bays along its coast. The island is also endowed with several waterfalls, which are so fascinating.
Relax at the fascinating beaches
The islands of Polynesia are home to beautiful beaches, where you can relax and get a beautiful suntan.
Bora Bora Island houses white sandy beaches where you can:
- Swim and relax, and get a beautiful suntan,
- Surf or sail on a boat,
- Admire the beautiful lagoons at the shore,
- Snorkel and scuba dive in the warm sea water,
- Discover the aquatic life in the ocean.
Puka Puka Island is a fairly small island with fascinating a beach, where you can:
- Marvel at its beautiful lagoon and clear blue water,
- Walk along the shore and enjoy the peace and quiet,
- Swim and snorkel,
- Explore the aquatic life, which is rich in coral vegetation,
- Go kayaking.
Visit an aquarium and a museum
- Bora Bora Island is home to Lagoonarium, which is a huge aquarium. Its main highlights include diverse fish species, turtles, sharks, and other.
- Tahiti Island is home to the Gauguin Museum.
Go on holiday in French Polynesia
French Polynesia is rich in tourist attractions. Do not miss the essential things to do in Polynesia on your next holidays. If you travel in a couple or with your family, the trip will be more enjoyable. However, if you decide to travel solo, the islands are so fascinating that you will be able to lake it enjoyable and unforgettable.
To help you arrange your trip to the French Polynesia, it is advisable to find a flight and an accommodation through a travel agency. The online travel agency Opodo has the best deal as far as e-tickets and accommodation are concerned. Opodo has many affiliated tour operators in many countries worldwide. It can help you find the most affordable plane tickets to the French Polynesia, because of its cooperation with many airline companies worldwide. Beside this, book your accommodation through Opodo for better offers.